American Legion Auxiliary units are always looking for more ways to get the word out. The easiest and cheapest way to do just that is through social media. In this new webinar led by ALA National Headquarters, we’ll provide you with guidance on the best ways to promote your unit activities — whether they’re mission outreach or not — as well as other helpful information.
We’ll even let you in on some of our social media secrets!
Using Social Media to Your Unit’s Advantage (Part 1)
Thursday, Oct. 14, at 8 p.m. ET
Part 1 of this two-part series will cover the basics. Here’s a snapshot view of what participants will learn in this webinar:
- Helpful tips and tricks on using social media to promote your ALA unit’s events and activities, both internally (to fellow members) and externally (to nonmembers) — and why these two things should be different.
- Consider the most popular social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- The types of content people like to see (aka what gets your social media posts noticed).
- Best practices on the maintenance side of things: passwords, changing admins, etc.
- Collaborating with your fellow unit members to keep your social media account active and engaging with followers.
“Be sure to sign up for this webinar so you can learn how to reach lots of people in your community,” said ALA National Public Relations Committee Chairman Jaye Brown. “Our Auxiliary units often ask us how they can get the word out in the best and easiest ways possible, as we know a lot of you are sometimes doubling up on duties in the post home. We encourage you to take this webinar to make the most of your time and serving the ALA mission.”
Increase awareness about your American Legion Auxiliary unit and the many great things it does to help veterans, military, and their families. Register today for this FREE webinar.