Junior Member Loyalty Scholarship
American Legion Auxiliary Junior members are the future of our organization. To reward those who retain their membership into adulthood, the American Legion Auxiliary offers the Junior Member Loyalty Scholarship to current college students. Ten scholarships, in the amount of $2,500 each, will be awarded to a current college student. Two scholarships will be awarded in each division of the American Legion Auxiliary. The scholarship is a grant; not a loan.
View Scholarship Recipients
- Candidates for this award shall have been Junior members of the American Legion Auxiliary, held membership in the American Legion Auxiliary for the past three consecutive years and be a paid member for the current membership year. Applicant must continue their membership in the American Legion Auxiliary during the scholarship period.
- This scholarship is intended for the traditional college student with no interruption in education, who is at least in the first semester of college or technical school but not yet attained a bachelor’s degree. Any member who is a non-traditional student (a student returning to the classroom after some time away from college) is welcome to apply for the American Legion Auxiliary Non-Traditional Student Scholarship.
- This is a scholarship to attend an accredited institution of higher education for the completion of a bachelor’s degree. Applicants must have completed at least one semester with grades that meet continuation requirements at the institution of their choice. Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA using a 4.0 scale.
- Previous American Legion Auxiliary national scholarship recipients are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must present the completed application, along with the other required materials specified on the following page, to the president of their American Legion Auxiliary unit ON OR BEFORE MARCH 1.
- Judging, at all levels, shall be on the following basis:
- Leadership, Character, and ALA Participation (as presented in applicant’s essay) 50%
- Academic Achievement 25%
- Completed Application 25%